Happy to report my cat’s birthday bash was a success. Good food, great friends, lots of laughs and kitty even got a cigar for his 16th. Full of catnip.
Since my grocery lists aren’t always as tantalizing as I’d like, sometimes I’ll simply share the minutiae of my life. My blog – my minutiae. Speaking of – I always have to look up the spelling of that word – it’s a tricky one.
But let’s not stray too far from food or wine. Here’s the partay food list, some brought by pals, some provided by me:
- Sicilian Pistachio Spread – OMG, pistachios, orange peel, GARLIC and olive oil never tasted so good.
- Smoked Whitefish Salad – I got this at Costco. I know! It’s amazing stuff. The problem is, as all you singles know, can one person really eat 11 lbs. of smoked whitefish salad? Well, I’m so addicted, I’ve eaten it for three days and not even made a dent.
- Whole Food’s Homemade Tortilla Chips – OMG. Trust me – addicting.
- Grilled Pork Tenderloins – I marinated these bad boys in balsamic, soy, a lemon, garlic and ginger honey, olive oil and sage leaves. Then grilled them over real lump hardwood charcoal.
- Bean Salad (Cowboy Caviar?) – Wonderful stuff!
- Coleslaw – The vinegar kind that’s my fave.
- Peach/Raspberry Crisp w/ Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream – One of my specialties.
- Assorted Wines – Including Prosecco ( less snooty than Champagne, but a nice bubbly)
Do I have some great foodie friends or what?!