I haven’t posted in 12 days because I’m still sick. Yes, I am now on Day 40+ and the 3rd antibiotic. Although I do feel better, thanks for asking, I’m beyond cranky. I’m afraid I may have to unleash some of it at the grocery while being cart-rammed by holiday food shoppers who are in a fugue state. (That’s a psych term meaning a mild dissociative experience which seems to occur when they leave their cart in mid-aisle.)
I rarely enjoy the holidays, so I’m staying out of the fray. I don’t want to get head-bumped by someone grabbing the last bag of mini-marshmallows. Geesh. Really lady, is that a life priority for you? (Told you – VERY cranky.)
So let’s list, people. This was a recent trip because I was desperate – low on wine, cat food and fat and sugar-filled food.
- Lettuce – I KNOW! Not a spec of fat content.
- 2 bottles of Italian red wine – My wine guy hooked me up.
- TP – Do the double rolls seem to be getting smaller?
- Bag ‘o cheese – Italian blend
- Cat food – the 24-pack I bought awhile back has induced ennui in His Royal Furness, so I opted to add some variety.
- Resolve – for pet “stains” Don’t ask.
- Rotisserie chicken – I can’t begin to tell you how much I love these dudes. Today, I’ll make pesto chicken salad w/ the leftovers.
So again I see very little above that constitutes components for a meal. But that’s how I shop. Please notice no holiday food. I am on the hunt for a local, fresh organic chicken for next week, though. I can cook if I have to. 11/24 is also an excuse to make a pumpkin pie and I need to get my pie on.