I held out as long as I could before going to the grocery store. The list was long and I knew I’d be spending some bucks. But $146? I was out of almost all paper products and other useless non-food or drink items. It struck me when I got home and unloaded that it’s a shame toilet paper and paper towels aren’t edible. If they make these things biodegradable, why not make them tasty? You could make a wrap with a couple of sheets of Bounty and deli goodies. TP could be used in baklava instead of those skinny layers of pastry dough.
One Square Per
That reminds me of something Sheryl Crow said on Oprah (or maybe it was Madonna since it sounds like her). Sheryl said that there was no reason anyone should use more than ONE square of toilet paper at a time. Seriously. Who could make that up? That’s about the time I stopped watching Oprah (that and the Dr. Phil phase).
Here’s what else I bought:
- cat food – of course, HRH was tired of the selection in the 24-pack so I had to mix it up
- asparagus- (which I douse w/ some olive oil, salt and pepper and put under the broiler. Try it w/ some grated Parm when it comes out.)
- coho salmon – I know the farm-raised stuff is cheaper, but this is so much better for an extra $2/lb.
- white and red wine – It’s tax season, need I say more?
- afore-mentioned paper goods + foil
- yogurt – Again, I have to wonder about that fruit on the bottom thing??
- pastrami – not the good kind. This is some store-brand formed product w/ pastrami essence. Hey, it was on sale.
- olives – I may devote a whole post to olives soon. I have avoided the olive bar lately because they’re pricey. I probably could live on olives, cheese and wine. LOVE!
- mayo – realized mine was dated 11/15/11.
- chocolate – bought Scharffen Berger because I’m going to make a foofy chocolate dessert for friends next weekend. If you bake w/ chocolate, you NEED this. Forget that brand that starts w/ “g.” Trust me, I may not cook much, but I make some mean desserts.
- more stuff I can’t remember – but not meal-worthy fare
Hey, weigh in on that TP thing. One square??