Yes, that’s an obscure reference to “The Odyssey.” Sometimes you have to show off that liberal arts education, right?
After a five-month hiatus, I renewed my Costco membership this week, lured by their new shiny Visa. Gotta love a credit card application process that takes five minutes and gives you $2,100 to spend immediately. Just think how many paper products that could buy! And while I did love hoisting those 30 rolls of Charmin Ultra Soft into the mammoth cart, meat was my primary objective.
So I now have approximately 7 lbs. of assorted meaties marinating to grill out later. One problem – 16 mph winds out here on the prairie. Grill + big wind gust = possibly setting my shed on fire. I will definitely proceed with caution. Okay, back to my Costco love fest…
While I resisted the urge to spend up to that $2,100 limit on the new card, I managed to grab an impressive array of goods.
- Toothpaste – a 4-pack of what turns out NOT to be my Colgate whitening usual style.
- Generic Benadryl – the dog takes it.
- A “luxurious Sherpa” throw – The dog and I go through a couple of these cheapies every winter.
- MEAT! – 5 lbs. of pork tenderloin, 4 lbs. of organic chicken, 3 lbs. of apple/Gouda chicken sausages. (About half of that will get the grill treatment later, hopefully not with the optional shed sacrifice.)
- Tissues – Yes, I’m aware of my thing about paper. 10 big boxes of Kleenex with goofy designs.
- More stuff I can’t remember.
So, readers do you forgive the two-year plus hiatus I’ve taken from posting on this blog? If so, I’ll try to be more prolific. Thanks for coming back!